| Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon - £8.99, Rimmel Matte Finish Topcoat - £4.59 (free with offer), Collection Illuminating Touch Conceler - £4.99 |
Despite all the great things that I've heard about the Revlon lip butters I had yet to pick one up. I decided to get the shade Macaroon which is a lovely shimmery, brown/pink. I adore this already!! I have been wearing it every day and its just such a gorgeous formula; very nourishing on the lips and surprisingly long lasting. I love this shade and I've got my eyes on a few of the other ones. I also really like the packaging. I think the quilted plastic casing is lovely touch and I like that each shade has corresponding coloured packaging.
I also picked up this Rimmel nail varnish. I love matte nails and think they add a rather chic look. I own a few matte polishes already but not a mattifying topcoat. I have yet to try this out, but I've heard great things about it so expect a lot.
And finally, I got the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer by Collection. Now this is meant to be a dupe for my beloved YSL Touche Eclat (which I am almost at the end of boohoo!!) It is obviously a greatly cheaper version and I suppose you get what you pay for...
I did not like this concealer AT ALL! I used it under my eyes, the exact same way that I would apply Touche Eclat, and I was left with pure panda eyes!! My under eye circles looked even darker and more pronounced. I was so disappointed. I don't know if this is just a problem for me or if anyone else has experienced the same effect. I adore the lasting perfection concealer and a lot of other bits from Collection but just could not get on with this one. I wish that I'd saved my £5 that I spent on this and put it towards another Touche Eclat!!
I did not like this concealer AT ALL! I used it under my eyes, the exact same way that I would apply Touche Eclat, and I was left with pure panda eyes!! My under eye circles looked even darker and more pronounced. I was so disappointed. I don't know if this is just a problem for me or if anyone else has experienced the same effect. I adore the lasting perfection concealer and a lot of other bits from Collection but just could not get on with this one. I wish that I'd saved my £5 that I spent on this and put it towards another Touche Eclat!!
Overall a mixed bag but I'm glad I took advantage of the Boots offer. If anyone has found a good way to work with the Collection concealer please let me know!!
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment