Sunday, 14 April 2013
Nail Art: Dotting Tools
I envy anyone who has the patience to sit and create incredible nail art as I'm just not one of those girls. I'll try my hardest, for sure, but always manage to get impatient and take it all off or even worse, manage to do something pretty on my nails but then smudge them before they're dry. I just really can't get along with nail art - as much as I wish I could.
So I thought that I'd try and start small. Trying out some less complicated, but nevertheless arty, nails and I bought these dotting tools from eBay to help me along. I paid £2.50 here and got 5 lovely dotting tools with 2 different sized ends.
They're not easy to use but not too difficult either - somewhere in between then I guess (DUH). But you can get a really nice variety of effects with these. I've seen a lot of people online using these and they've managed to do some really cool things with them so I look forward to experimenting.
This is what I actually managed on my first go...
I used Topshop Geography Teacher as a nude base. I followed this with a slick of Rimmel's matte topcoat (which I was very impressed with). I then dotted the bright blue Rimmel 60 seconds varnish and a neon orange from Barry M! I love the contrast of the matte nude with the glossy neon and I think that it's 'nail arty' without being too over the top.
Not bad for a first go, I think but hopefully I'll be able to come up with something a little more creative next time!!
N.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment