Slathering oil onto greasy/acne prone skin may seem like quite an uninformed decision and a downright bad idea but the effects are actually remarkable. Dehydrated skin can be a cause for breakouts, as the body produces excess oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. Of course, drinking loads of water is the best way to put some nourishment back - from the inside out - but for a quicker fix there's facial oil.
After removing my make up and cleansing in the evenings, I've been massaging a few drops of the Botanics Facial Oil onto my face and neck. This is my second bottle of the stuff and the first lot lasted me around 6 months. In that time I've noticed a real difference to my skin.
The scent is non-invasive and the oil sinks into the skin really easily. It is quite a heavy oil and you only need 3-4 drops to cover the whole face. I wouldn't recommend using this during the day or under make up (unless your skin is very dry). Overnight the oil works its magic and come morning my skin feels baby-soft and looks radiant. The long-term effects did take a while to kick in but I've noticed less and less blemishes and spots over the past 6 months and a considerable reduction of the scarring that I have from previous acne.
The diminishing of the scars has been the biggest plus to using this product and my skin feels more hydrated and is less tight. For under a tenner I think this is a pretty impressive little product. Nature always does the best work and this organic oil is proof of that. The pipette bottle is a winner; meaning you're not pouring half a bottle out each time and there's very little waste.
I'll be enjoying this shiny new bottle as part of my evening routine and hope that the good results continue.
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment