L-R: Barry M Kohl Liner, Topshop Liquid Liner, Collection Gel Liner and Real Techniques Slanted Brush
From feline flicks to smudged out smokiness, eyeliner can add definition to the eyes and is a daily staple in my make-up routine. I just look darn weird without a slick of eyeliner.
I used to use liquid a lot, in the form of a thick pen. I just can't get along with proper liquid eyeliner and the superthin brushes that come with them! I then had a little flirt with pencil, a flirt that developed into a love. We got a little comfortable and I decided it was time to mix it up a little.
That's when gel stepped in. I had gel liner applied at my MAC session and was so impressed by how it didn't budge ALL DAY! I couldn't fork out on the MAC offering, unfortunately, but spotted this Collection gel liner instead. I popped it in the basket and I've been using it daily since!
I still love my pencil liner and use it for a smudged look that's definitely going to be big this season. The liquid is for when I want a quick get-up-and-go flick or when I want a less defined and heavy eye. But I have to say, my heart now lies with the gel. Teamed with the Real Techniques brush, this badboy combo give me perfect lines every time, that manage to last all day long.
N.

No comments:
Post a Comment