I haven't posted on here since September 2013 and had to have a little hiatus towards the end of last year. I started a new job in August and it became all consuming. So much so that I just couldn't find the time to blog. I am no longer at that job and (although I detest the idea of making resolutions) I'm considering the start of 2014 the prompt and kick up the bottom that I need to get back to blogging!
Having this blog has been a wholly enjoyable and positive experience for me so far. I always blogged for myself and saw this as a little online documentation of myself rather than taking it too seriously and expecting to become 'big' from it.
But in the previous year I have shyed away from being an active part of the blogging community. Honestly, a lot of the time I think that people are very fake (for want of a better word) and only interact and leave comments to build traffic to their own site rather than saying something integral - and probably not having read an entire post.
But this year I'm going to pack away my negative and dissenting feelings because I've also witnessed the other side of the 'community' - the side that has seen people become great friends and promote the great work of other bloggers without any personal benefit. And this is something that I'd love to be more of a part of this year.
I may not be in the same stress-inducing job but I will still be working a full time job and we all know how hard it is to juggle a blog too. That's why organisation is key. I picked up a few tools to help me out including my lovely diary (a present from my brother) and this planner. Okay it's actually a gardening journal but it works for my purpose.
So I hope you all welcome me back with open arms! I can't wait to get back started.
N.


No comments:
Post a Comment