

The adverts for the Garnier Ultimate Blends range had me sold and I wanted to run to the nearest shop and scoop some bottles into my basket. I eventually got round to getting some and decided on the 'Shine Revitaliser' shampoo and conditioner.
The range is pretty extensive with six different 'blends' catered to different needs. Each has a different mix of oils and extracts to leave hair feeling salon soft. As I've recently had my hair coloured, it's been feeling a little dry and lacking in shine so I thought that this blend would do the job.
Packaging:
The packaging is sturdy and shower friendly but it's fairly bog-standard and nothing to write home about.
The Shampoo:
Jumping in the shower I was excited to try these babies out. The shampoo lathered nicely and the scent was clean and fresh - what else would you expect from Green Tea & Lemon? My hair felt squeaky clean afterwards and you don't need a lot of product to get it there.
The Conditioner:
The conditioner wasn't as thick and creamy as I was hoping but it certainly did the job. I brushed it through with my Tangle Teezer and left it on for a couple of minutes. On washing out, my hair was silky smooth. It felt less frizzy instantly and was soft to touch, even when wet.
Once I'd given my hair a blitz with the dryer I noticed the results change rapidly. Although it felt soft and the shine was definitely apparent, my hair felt limp and a tad on the greasy side. My roots were very flat - which never happens with my voluminous hair and my locks fell limply.
As a girl with very thick hair, it's not often that a product has this effect. I think my flaw may have been leaving the conditioner in for too long but I've been pretty disappointed with the results. In defense of the products the promise of shine was fulfilled and my hair looks pretty glossy but I can tell that it's going to get greasy very quickly. Ironically the products are described on the Garnier website as 'non-greasy' with 'weightless shine'. Hmmm.
These were my results a day after washing (which is when I best like the texture of my hair):

As you can see, it's kinked a lot and looks a little greasy. I'm not writing off the shampoo and conditioner too quickly though and I'll be trying them again soon - but rinsing the conditioner straight away this time. Overall, I'm not convinced on these products but I'll be posting an update post-wash-numero-two.
N.
No comments:
Post a Comment