Thursday, 17 April 2014

Pick of the Palettes


Oh the humble eyeshadow palette has made a smooth swoop into my life recently and, after years of rejecting eyeshadow and preferring a slick of liner, I'm coming round to the idea of adding some colour and shimmer to the lids. Here are three of the palettes that I'm adoring at the moment.

MUA Undress Me Too



This one is an amazing all-rounder with sparkly golds and coppers, a matte brown which is amazing worked into the crease and a deep dark black for those nighttime looks. Exposed has to be my favourite -  a warm but shimmery silver that slicks on for an understated look. And at £4 this is an absolute steal!


MAC Mystic Cool


This is an old one but it's still a good'un. Rose Potion - the frosty red/pink in the middle of the bottom row - is my all time favourite shadow. It's unusual but really pops against my darker skin. It's shimmery but never too much. Honestly, I love every single colour in this palette and it's lasted me years now. The packaging is also beaut and it's dinky enough to carry around in your handbag. The brush that comes with it isn't half bad either and that's something that I never say about brushes that come with palettes. Nothing but love here. 


Estee Lauder Deluxe Eyeshadow Compact


Ah another beauty which covers all bases. There are some fairly adventurous colours in this palette - yes Ivy Envy mossy green, I'm looking at you - but they're all so unimaginably wearable. The colours all come out quite sheer but build really well so you can opt for subtle or all-out. I also love the browns and greys in this palette. Not so keen on the frosty paler colours but they work perfectly on the inner corners and brow bone to highlight.

N.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment