There are a lot of beauty products that come with big promises and claims. French skincare brand, La Roche Posay, are famed for their effective skincare and the Effaclar Duo is one of the most raved about products.
As a teenage sufferer of acne and someone with generally problematic skin; this product seemed perfect for my skin needs. It claims to eliminate severe skin imperfections and correct and unclog pores.
I'm a sceptic - always - and before I popped this into my Boots basket I made sure to do a little research and read an amass of reviews from all you lovely beauty bloggers out there. Many reviews claimed astounding improvements and so many people swore by this cream as a complete skincare, game changer! Was everyone just sucked into the hype? Or is this really a tube of wonderment?
Although many of the reviews were glowing, some weren't as convinced and a couple claimed severe breakouts when using this. Different things work for different skin types, I guess. One of the most interesting reviews that I came across explained how perseverance was the key to seeing results with Effaclar Duo. Break out for the first two weeks followed by wonderful results: tighter skin, no blemishes and clear radiance.
I decided to purchase and thought that I'd do a week to week review of my results. After week one: very little difference has been seen so far. Skincare does take a while to have an affect. My skin has had a few blemishes come through this week but nothing major.
The cream itself is lovely. I've only been applying it at night as I don't like the way it sits under my makeup daily. But it absorbs easily and the smell is subtle, if slightly chemical (more hospital than acidic). When I wake up, my skin doesn't feel greasy or dry but sits nicely in the middle. It's a non intrusive treatment; little scent, skin feels as if there hasn't been anything layered onto it overnight. This is very unlike acne creams that I have previously tried which dry out the skin and leave you with very tight skin in the morning.
So far, it's been a pretty non-descript experience. We shall see if next week brings any difference!
N.



No comments:
Post a Comment