Saturday, 23 March 2013

Empties #1


This is my first ever empties post and its just a quick one. I don't really like collecting empty bottles and usually just chuck them away once I've finished with them. But I thought that I'd collect them this month to show you!

 
This Tea Tree toner from The Body Shop was always great to use when my skin was flaring up or breaking out. It is quite drying so best for oily skin but felt really medicinal on the skin. It did the job on my spotty skin but wasn't anything particularly special. Now that my skin is calmer I've opted for a more gentle toner so won't be repurchasing this one.


I have had this for so long and I've finally finished it!! I only ever use this for a night out on my legs or neck, shoulders and chest (if I have them on show) just to give a little glow. The sparkle in this is so so subtle, it looks a bit alarming when you squeeze it out of the tube but once its been rubbed into the skin it blends perfectly for a little shimmer. Now I have darker, Asian skin so this may not work in the same way for everyone! I will be buying this again but I think that I'll wait until the summer to use it.


My thick, heavy, frizzy hair always needs a little taming and controlling and this Bed Head Control Freak serum does the job. I've been using this product since I was about 13 and get through bottle after bottle. I've been trying out a lot of hair oils recently and other split end products so this one has been pushed to the side a little recently. Its a great product, if slightly pricey, and does what it says on the tin.


I wrote a full review of the gift set, that this shower gel was part of, here. I loved using this and I'm rather sad that I've finished it. The scent is just gorgeous and perfect to wake me up in the morning. I don't think I'll be buying it again though just because of the price tag. 

This Bliss Fatgirlslim came with promises of reducing cellulite and firming up my skin. I've been using this on my thighs for a few months now and have to say that I have seen very little difference. I don't really like gimmicky things like this and never really bought into the idea but it is a nice moisturiser for my legs and I used it solely for this purpose really. This product is so expensive (£28.60 for 170.5g) and the price tag doesn't seem justified by the product.

You can see how loved this mascara - from Soap & Glory - was from the faded writing on the packaging. I loved this mascara, it gave perfect volume and loads of length without making lashes look too OTT for daytime. I used this daily and was very reluctant to admit that it was empty. I have loads of mascaras, which all do the job, so it would be silly for me to repurchase but it's definitely on my list of great products.

That's all for this month. Have you tried any of the products above? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments :)

N.



No comments:

Post a Comment