![]() |
| Left to right: 1.Topshop Rio Rio, 2.Bourjois Sweet Kiss in Rouge Parisienne, 3.Calvin Klein Lip Colour in Cinnabar, 4.YSL Rouge Volupte in Red Muse, 5.Rimmel Kate in 19, 6.Chanel Rouge Coco in 23 |
I love how lipstick can change an entire look - with minimal effort. And on those lazy days when I can't be bothered to dress up I know that; after a little search in my Laduree boxes that are overspilling with my beloved lip paints, a slick of lipstick can uplift any outfit.
So here is an ode to my 6 absolute favourites:
![]() |
| In the red corner |
I adore the Topshop lipsticks! They do such a great range, from matte to shimmery and with a great colour spectrum. Rio Rio was the first Topshop lipstick that I bought and I'm just getting to the end of my 3rd one (I have a 4th ready and waiting). This is one of the 3 products that I will buy over and over again; that's how much I love it! Its a very bright red-orange, leaning more towards red and is amazing in the summer to brighten up any look. It has a very matte texture but never dries my lips out. A wonder lipstick methinks.
And lastly, for the reds, is this little YSL number. How beautiful is all YSL packaging? Sometimes I feel I can justify by the price tag by how lovely this looks sat on my dresser haha. Another bold and bright red but this time with the creamiest and most lustrous finish. This lipstick is so bright and pigmented that I only use a small amount on a lip brush each time. This makes the product go further and gives a slightly toned down finish. A full smothering is always great for a statement lip. Oh and it smells divine, like strawberries!
![]() |
| in the pink corner |
Ahhh I love this lipstick so much. Chanel lipsticks are famous for being amazing and this one doesn't disappoint. A dark pink with a red undertone, this shade is my perfect pink lipstick. I can never wear bright pinks, or ones that are too light, because of my darker skin tone. But this Chanel number is just wonderful. The packaging is beautiful, it smells divine and the creamy formula lasts for hours. Even if it is a little on the pricey side, I really think that this is worth the money that I paid, I've had it for a year or so now and I'm only half way through.
And last but not least is this Rimmel Kate lipstick. I don't know anyone who has tried one of the Kate Moss lipsticks and not fallen in love with it. I think Rimmel have done such a great job on this range. All of the colours are on point and the formula and packaging are also great. But I suppose that anything that Kate Moss touches turns to gold! This one is shade 19 and is a darkish, neutral pink that is similar to my natural lip colour. When I've got quite heavy eye makeup on I always reach for this lipstick. Its really subtle and helps to balance a look so that I don't look too clownish. Again, this smells lovely and is really soft on the lips.I have noticed that sometimes when I use this lip colour, it gives me quite a tickly throat. Now, I don't know if I am just imagining this or if anyone else has had the same problem (or if its even possible for a lipstick to do this!!) But I always have to drink a little water after application to stop the tickle. Even so, its not enough to put me off using this product and I use it all the time for an easy, casual lip colour.
So that's all my favourites. I found it difficult to narrow my collection down and my lipstick is always changing with my mood. I love trying out new lip colours so if you have a suggestion of any lipsticks that you love and cannot live without, let me know below :)
N.



I'm a massive fan of the Topshop and Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks! Love these colours xx
ReplyDeletehttp://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk/