Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Superdrug's B.

B. Micellar Water - £4.99 & Illuminating Foundation in Honey- £9.99 from Superdrug
Superdrug's new B. range is meant to be premium quality with a not-so-premium price tag. I've read such good reviews about the skincare range and I've been coveting a little slice of the action myself since their release. A lot of the skincare is targeted anti-aging products; something that at 20, I'm not really interested in.

I decided to pick up the Micellar Water just to see what all the fuss has been about. For anyone who doesn't know (I don't mean that rudely, I just know that these products have been written about to death by magazines and bloggers) micellar water has been dubbed 'a French skincare revolution' and so many rave about Bioderma's version. Basically, micellar water is a cleanser/make up remover that requires no washing afterwards and takes off all makeup superbly easily with minimal effort from you! 

This sounds great for me - I might love beauty and makeup but I am so so lazy - and when it comes to taking my makeup off at night all I really want is something quick and easy. B.'s micellar water is actually really great for this! I use two large cotton pad doused in this to remove my whole face of makeup, even my eye makeup! 

This feels great on my skin too! It leaves my face feeling refreshed but still hydrated; its less drying than washing my face and all of my makeup is gone in a flash. If that wasn't enough, this doubles up as a toner too! Phew, how much can one little bottle do!

Although, I do like a thorough cleanse before bed and I love my Soap & Glory Hot Cloth Cleanser, this is just PERFECT when I just can't be bothered with a long bedtime routine and I just want to jump into my bed and sleep away. My only negative for this is that, despite being fragrance free, I was unfortunate enough to get some in my mouth after removing lipstick and boy does this taste disgusting! The taste filled my whole mouth and I ran to the sink to rinse it all out. So yeah, just don't be as silly as me and avoid consuming even the tiniest drop of this stuff.

I picked up the illuminating foundation too and, despite testing it in the shop, I stupidly picked up a shade too light for my skin :( The two darkest colours in the range are pretty similar and I made the mistake of going for the lighter one. I'm so disappointed but just can't bring myself to pay for another one! Formula wise, it feels nice but I haven't kept it on properly so couldn't tell you whether is lasts or how the coverage is. Maybe someone lovely will get me the correct shade (hint hint) and I can try it out properly.


For spending over £10, I got this little free gift. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for a freebie and I must be a PR's favourite target. This little black case is filled with mini samples of B.'s Eye Cream, Beauty Balm in light and a Rejuvenating Serum as well as a little gold eyeshadow sample and teeny tiny lipstick.

To be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed by this. The BB cream is too light for me, so it hasn't even gone anywhere near my skin. The eye cream is nice but I already have a couple of eye creams that I use daily. I might save this one for the next time I go away as its in this handy, diddy, tube. Again with the serum, I already use a serum at night that is giving me great results so I won't really use this sample. I could take it away though as my No7 serum is in a big bottle.

The eyeshadow is just not me at all! It's very glittery and looks almost like loose glitter once applied. Its a lovely formula and blends easily but just isn't to my taste. The little lipstick is a lovely shade and I really like the feel of it, its just sooooo small though! I feel like its going to break when I apply it!

Overall, I think that B. have got some really great products and I think we'll all be hearing a lot about them in the future. Its nice to see Superdrug release a range like this and I hope to try out more of their products.

 N.


No comments:

Post a Comment