Tuesday, 18 February 2014

A Body of Knowledge



Keeping that body in tip top condition isn't easy in this horrendous weather. Post-shower all I want to do is stick some PJs on and jump into bed or get ready for the bleary day ahead - not stand around in the cold moisturising.

But this 5 product combo takes all the hard work (and shivering) out of the equation.

Body Brush - I picked this up a while ago and after an initial, shiny-new-purchase curiosity, it soon got lost in the abyss of my box of products and only resurfaced recently. These brushes come with constant claims of wonder - reducing pesky cellulite by stimulating circulation and inspiring your lymphatic system to rid the skin of toxins. So far, so good, there's isn't a great deal of cellulite for it to banish but my skin feels smoother and there's never any harm in preparing for the future, right? I know the orange peel will creep its way onto the back of my legs by the time I'm in my 30s, especially with all the chocolate that I eat. Always keep the brush dry when using it and pull in long strokes towards the heart, making sure that you don't miss an inch of skin.

Soap & Glory Flake Away - Heading into the shower now with one of my favourite scrubs from S&G. I mix up Flake Away with The Breakfast Scrub and the Sugar Crush scrub - they're all as great as each other. Scrub this onto damp skin in small circular motions until there are no grains left. Then rinse away for silky smooth skin. I love everything about this product: the delightful scent, the ease of use, the price and of course the lasting effect it has on the skin. De-lish.

Lush Rub Rub Rub - I have very dry knees and years of clumsiness as a child have left me with scarred and dreadful looking knees. For an extra little scrub I use Rub Rub Rub. The sea salt based scrub is coarser than Flake Away, so I tend to keep it away from any sensitive skin, but once it's worked its magic tough skin is left baby smooth. It's a gorgeous blue scrub that does a great job, thank you Lush!

The Body Shop Peppermint Foot Scrub - Am I the only one that completely neglects my feet in the winter? Out of sight, out of mind right? Well no longer will my tootsies be forgotten, especially not with this scrub. I've been using this one for years, mama used to keep some in the bathroom and I remember as a teen scooping out handfuls of the peppermint scented scrub. It does a great job of ridding dead skin and will forever be in my stash.

The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Butter - There is no better body butter than the offerings from The Body Shop. They are thick, creamy, easy to apply and absorb and the scents are divine. It helps that my best friend works at TBS and I get these babies for cut prices but they're a classic. The passion fruit one is by far my favourite, with mango close behind. I slather this onto damp skin whilst still in the bathroom - no standing and shivering in a cold room.

It's easy to forget to pamper the skin on our bodies, especially when we spend so long worrying about the skin on our faces. But the winter winds definitely have an effect on the skin and it deserves a little pamper.

Does anyone else use dry brushing? Have you seen any results? Drop me a comment.

N.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment