Saturday, 8 February 2014

Sample Saturday: Nivea Express Hydration Primer

 


This sample of Nivea's Express Hydration Primer has been sat unused for a while now. Upon opening the little sachet I found a light gel formula. It smooths onto the skin easily and is really hydrating; don't bother using a moisturiser before this, it covers both steps. It does take a little while to sink into the skin and I'd recommend leaving a few minutes after it's completely dried before starting makeup application.

The promises of hydration are realised and my skin, after foundation, feels really soft and supple. It doesn't affect the feel of my foundation and avoids that sticky feeling that some primers can leave you with. Wear throughout the day was fairly impressive. My makeup stayed put all day and you can notice a real difference than when going primer-less.


Overall, it's a solid product that does what it says on the tin, but I'm not fully convinced. The Bourjois Happy Light (which I reviewed here) beats this one hands down - the finish is far better and wear much longer.

But for £3.99, I'm by no means knocking the Nivea offering. If dry skin is one of your concerns, this is the product for you. But I'll be sticking to matte formulas for now.

N.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment