Rimmel London is the ultimate British cosmetic brand and has been going since 1834 when its founder Eugene Rimmel set up in Regent Street, London. Over the past 200 years or so it has become a force to be reckoned with, gathering fab product after product on the shelves of the UK high street.
A lot of my makeup collection is from Rimmel but I have a special penchant for their mascaras. I just never find anything (which doesn't break the bank) that can compete with their formula, brush design and packaging.
This is the first of the Rimmel mascaras that I ever purchased, when I was 16/17. I have repurchased again and again since. It's perfect for daytime wear; giving curve and length whilst staying subtle enough for the day. It never flakes and the wear is impressive.
There was a lot of hype around this mascara when it was released and rightly so, I'd say! If you're looking for subtlety, you're barking up the wrong tree. This baby gives dramatic lashes and volume upon volume. This is the one for nights out but manages to avoid clumping. I love the packaging too.
I have a serious love affair with the 60s and I dream of recreating the looks of Twiggy, Edie Sedgwick, Mia Farrow and The Ronettes. The Scandaleyes Retro Glam is the newest of the Rimmel mascaras and boy-oh-boy it's amazing! It gives wonderful 60s curve and paired with a slick of thick black liner brings nostalgic thoughts of the swinging decade. The shape of the brush can take most of the credit for this and lashes look long with mega volume and are separated perfectly for a feel of 60s New York. I adore it.
N.

No comments:
Post a Comment