Monday, 10 June 2013

Apocalips Lip Laquer

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang - £5.99 - Boots

Lipsticks has always been my preferred poison; over lipgloss. I always find lipgloss too sticky and I'm forever having to reapply. I like the staying-power of lipsticks and the boldness of the colours - something that glosses never seem to be able to capture; until now! The Rimmel Apocalips are described as lip lacquers rather than glosses and sit somewhere (perfectly) between lipstick and gloss.

I bought the shade 400 Big Bang - a bright, sultry red - and  it has quickly become my favourite lip product. The pigmentation is great and the red is bold and bright with great staying power. I actually really like the gloss element of this product. It's not too sticky or 'glossy' and is a glammed up version of red lipstick.

I wasn't too convinced on the rest of the colour range on offer - mostly pinks tones that just wouldn't suit my skin tone - but the formula is fantastic and its unlike any other high street lip products.


Domed applicator for easy peasy glossing.


No comments:

Post a Comment