Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Dunga dunga dungarees

Dungarees, £50. River Island here; Jumper, £36, Topshop here

Bag, Prada; Shoes, Topshop (old)

The 90s were a great time, there were so many trends and cool things for kids born in the 90s (I'm a '92!). I remember Pokemon and YoYos and Pogs and Donkey Kong. 90s fashion was always a bit nondescript though - with the back-tail of the strong 80s looks and the club, pill popping scene. Grunge is probably the most memorable trend - flannel, denim and leather inspired by Cobain and co. And with it came the humble dungaree!

I'm glad to see this trend come full circle. I remember living in dungarees growing up - in an assortment of fabrics and prints (eeeesh, it's embarrassing to even think back). But the look has come back with a more grown up edge and distressed denim and turn ups give a fresh perspective on the 90s staple. Dress them up or dress them down; dungarees are big for now.

N.



No comments:

Post a Comment