![]() |
| Vitamin E Cool BB Cream - 50ml - £10 here |
I've never really been sold on the whole concept of BB creams and I've tried a few but never gotten on with them. But with summer on its way (I'm ever the optimist yah!) I decided to try something a little lighter and opted for the Body Shop's latest offering.
As part of their Vitamin E range, this BB cream is meant to be light whilst nourishing and supposedly gives 12 hours of moisture. The 50ml tube is £10 and strangely there is only 1 shade. I find this baffling as the one shade is dark enough to match my Asian skintone and I can't imagine it working for many people. A very strange step from The Body Shop there.
The first time that I used this I applied moisturiser underneath. A bad, bad move as the BB cream just sat on top as a greasy film. The second attempt, a little wiser, I skipped the moisturiser and just applied with my fingertips. The results weren't much different. The product felt really greasy and just didn't blend into my skin at all. It wore off quickly and just was not right for me. I suppose this product is aimed at older skin, in need of some wrinkle defeating TLC and may work better for drier skin types or the more mature. For me though, it was just a no go. It felt uncomfortable on my skin and didn't even last a day of shopping in town.
Overall, I think the shade range is terrible, the formula just feels wrong and this product seems really over-priced for how little you get and performance. As I said; just because this isn't right for me doesn't mean it won't be for you. Steer clear if you have oily skin though! Thumbs down from me, I'm afraid Body Shop!
![]() |
| Product once applied |



No comments:
Post a Comment