Sunday, 30 March 2014

Mother Knows Best

 

Today is Mother's Day and instead of spending the day with my mum, I'll be working. I don't quite win the 'worst daughter' award though; as it's mumma that's a million miles away, sunning herself in Egypt with my pops.

Once they're back, I'll be heading back home to Coventry to celebrate Mother's Day and my mum's birthday. Mum has been a huge influence for me and she's one of the most wonderful, caring and entertaining women I have ever met. She's also strong and bold and has taught me so much about being a woman and how to survive in this (at times difficult) world. She brought me and my brother up on her own and I couldn't be more grateful for the woman who had the responsibility of being a mother, as well as a father, thrust upon her when my dad passed.

As mums always say, she "didn't need anything" for Mother's Day this year, but I know better than to turn up empty handed. So I put together a little pamper kit for the woman who has everything.

 


Mum shies away from lots of make-up but every time I go home she get me to do her eyeshadow for her. I bought her the MUA palette so she can dabble in eye colours herself and they're all quite subtle shades to suit her look. Also in the make-up department she gets a lipstick and nail varnish from Rita Ora's Rimmel range and a Clarins blusher. Pampering will be underway with some bath bubbles, face masks and a little candle. Hair is covered with some divine argan oil and skincare comes in the form of the L'Oreal cleansing oil, Olay anti-aging day cream and The Body Shop's uplifting night cream.

I think it's a nice little bundle to receive and I know that my mum will appreciate the thought and effort. Even on the other side of the world, I'll be thinking about my wonderful Mother today and all that she has done for me. Love you to the moon and back, Mumma Bear.

N.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment