Friday, 14 March 2014

What Are You Reading?



Life is pretty hectic right now, along with full time hours at work I'm trying to juggle a social life, searching for a new job, trying to head back home to spend some time with my family and generally deciding which direction my life is going to take come July, when my lease runs out. Along with trying to give up a few of my vices, including smoking, I've found a solace in the pages of a book.

I've always been an avid reader but recently I've implored to try and fill my brain with interesting and engaging material. I'm currently flipping my way through Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - a modern classic from the 1950s. It's a rather strange and controversial story but the beautiful writing and the 'voice' of the nymphet lover is so intriguing and gripping.

As you can see above, I've got a huge pile of books to get through and that's about a third of the unread books that I want to dig into. I ALSO have my Kindle and I adore the new way of reading electronically - although sometimes there's nothing better than feeling the pages in your fingertips. The Kindle is so much more practical and easy to use and has revolutionised reading to the fit with demands of the modern age.

I thought I'd share something a little different today as I'm sure that many of you guys love to read too. I'm really keen to join a book club. So if any of you know of any decent book clubs in the Leeds area please let me know, either in the comments or by email. Similarly if you've just read a great book that you think I should check out, don't hesitate to holla. As you can see from the photo, my reading tastes are pretty eclectic so something a little out of the ordinary would be great. I love a challenging read too, so get your thinking cap on!

N.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment