Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Skincare: Zero Oil Zone


Oh Origins, how do you acquire my heart so easily? Recently, it feels that my entire skincare stash is slowly being overhauled by Origins products.

I've been using the Zero Oil cleanser and moisturiser since the new year so I've had a few months to really take measure of the effects and I'm finally ready to share my opinion (this post has been sat in drafts for months now).

I've always suffered from acne and breakouts and I really detest my skin. It reacts to almost anything but dries out when I use spot-fighting treatments and is left looking pretty lackluster. The Zero Oil cleanser is not drying at all. It's a gel like consistency, more of a wash than a cleanser, and I massage it over the face with only a drop of water. The smell is delicious; a subtle minty scent which is refreshing and clean. I then wash off as normal. My skin is left feeling purified and there's no trace of grease.

I follow up with the Zero Oil moisture lotion. Initially I was expecting this to be a lot bigger than it is - especially for £23 - and I've found that it has diminished at a speedy rate. But the cream itself is really light and has the same gorgeous scent. It absorbs into the skin quickly and really quenches my skin's thirst.

I've honestly noticed such a big difference since I've been using these two products. My breakouts are a lot less frequent and my skin is less temperamental to external factors. It hasn't solved all my problems by any means and I still get some spots creeping up, especially around my period (lavly). 

I also have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and, due to the lack of oil in these products, they're not reducing at all. So I've been combining some rosehip oil into my nighttime routine to try and help the scarring calm down.

I'm so glad that I forked out for these two babies, I love the effect that they've had on my skin and hopefully the results will continue.

Have you tried either of these? Let me know your thoughts in a comment :)

N.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment