Saturday, 15 March 2014

Sample Saturday: Origins

 


It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Origins and their wonderful products. My daily skincare regime features this brand heavily and my skin has improved tenfold since I incorporated Origins.

A nice little touch that the brand provides is offering a few free samples at the online checkout. I put in a whopping order recently and got a few little sachets and mini tubes. Modern Friction and GinZing are two that I've been wanting to try for a while and instead of committing to the (pricey) full sizes, I thought that I'd test them first.

Modern Friction is a grainy facial exfoliator. 'Nature's gentle dermabrasion' comes in the form of rice starch grains suspended in a creamy wash. This doesn't lather at all as you massage it into the skin but feels really nourishing and smoothing. The grains aren't rough or scratchy, like many facial scrubs, but instead leave the skin feeling really moisturised and soft. Be careful not to get this anywhere near your eyes as it hurts like a b*tch but the results are not up for dispute; it's a fab little scrub and I'm considering buying the full size soon.

The GinZing energy boosting moisturiser has been hyped across the board and many a beauty blogger has added this one to their monthly favourites (despite the month). And honestly I can see why. This is a really light, almost gel-like moisturiser with the most delicious citrus scent. It applies easily and absorbs in no time, leaving skin looking radiant and moisture filled. Applying my makeup after this was no trouble and the effects of the moisturiser lasted all day. I actually enjoyed this so much that I've now bought the full size tub and I'll be using it on 'good skin' mornings when I don't need the oil free moisturiser.

I love that Origins give you an abundance of samples with purchases and their tactics
obviously work as they'll be two new (amazing) skincare products joining my stash soon.

N.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment