Tuesday, 12 February 2013
Botanics Skin Calming Night Cream - review
I blogged a little about this product here after using it a couple of times. I've now been using it for a few weeks and thought that I'd give it a full review.
I've always had quite problematic skin and suffered badly from acne in my teenage years, so much so that I used prescribed face creams and tablets from the Doctor. These would dry my skin out badly and anything else that I used on my face would cause a breakout. Thankfully the medicine worked and my skin has calmed down. But I still get a few spots and my skin is far from perfect.
I needed a new night cream and I've been wanting to try out some Botanics products for a while. Botanics is a Boots brand that uses 'the power of plants'. They work with Kew Gardens to ensure a natural product, that utilises the benefits of plants within our beauty regimes. This Skin calming night cream uses linden flower and marshmallow to calm and soothe the skin. Now this isn't the marshmallow that made my childhood a delight, this is an African plant (latin name: Althaea officinalis - clever me) and the roots of the plant have medicinal properties. They are sometimes used to soothe ulcers!
When I first got the product, I was worried that the 'calming effects' would be tingly or feel strange on my skin but there is none of that here. It's a really nourishing cream that is very lightly scented and feels like a usual night cream.
After using this I wake up with baby soft skin. And I know the marshmallow and linden flower are doing their job as any spots have a reduced redness and become barely visible (apart from one absolute beast that didn't want to budge for days).
I think that this is a great night cream for skin like mine and at £4.49 (it was on offer - and currently still is, usually £6.99) I'm overjoyed at the results I've gotten from this.
Even if you don't have sensitive skin like mine, Botanics do a great skincare range for all types of skin. They're All Bright collection looks really great and I have my eyes on a few bits from there, especially this!
N.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment