Saturday, 9 February 2013

Valentine's Day Wishes

1  2  3  4  5
I've never been one to make too much of a fuss about Valentine's day. This year will be the third Valentine's that my boyfriend and I are celebrating together and he has surpassed himself in the present department by getting us tickets to see Viva Forever in the West End! I love love love the Spice Girls and I have done since I was 6. However, I think what I'm reallllllly going to enjoy is making my boyfriend sit through a singing and dancing show - full of so much GIRL POWER!

But every girl loves presents and - although I am wholly content with 2 hours of my favourite songs ever - I thought that I'd put together some little bits that would make gorgeous Valentine's gifts.

1. I love bears and my boy says that I hibernate like one in the mornings! Cushions are a great and inexpensive way to change your room up a bit and of course they are always handy to improve comfort! When I'm writing my uni assignments I like to pile cushions on the chair that I sit on to minimise bum-numbness! This Ohh Deer cushion is £40 from Urban Outfitters. There are loads from the same brand on the UO website, most of which have amazing animal sketches printed on them. I found it hard to choose one to add to this wishlist as they were all so adorable. (The tiger in feather headdress came a close second!)

2. I've read so much about this wonder mask from Origins and I would love to try it out for myself. I think that beauty is a really scary area for men and I doubt many guys would be brave enough to attempt a beauty related Valentine's present. This could be a blessing in disguise as there's nothing worse than wasting money on a product that is just completely wrong for you. Dropping hints - if there's something that you really want - is probably the best way forward, just be careful not to cross the "spoilt brat" line!

3. Perfume is a classic Valentine's gift and I'm always over-the-moon when I receive a lovely little bottle of scent heaven. I rarely buy perfume for myself and always wait until Christmas/birthday/Mum raiding duty-free on another of her adventures. I had a small sample of this Jimmy Choo perfume when it first came out and adored it. I never bought a full bottle simply because its quite expensive and no-one's ever given me it as a gift haha. And at £57.50 for 100ml EDT I think this may stay as a wish list item a little longer!

4. This is another little Urban Outfitters find - their Home & Gift section features some really great stuff at the moment. This cute little book features 69 "love-related list topics" such as 'the strangest places that you've had sex' and 'great honeymoon destinations'. This book is all light-hearted fun and has some beautiful illustrations to accompany your lists.

5. As with beauty, I think that clothing is fairly unsafe territory for most guys. I'd be very impressed if my boyfriend bought me a piece of clothing that I liked - or if he even knew what size to buy! But this Zara jacket is just too wonderful for me to not add to my wish list. I love the print, I love the biker shape and the leather lapels. Living in tut North creates a constant battle between looking stylish and not turning into a blue, goose bumped block of ice. This jacket is the perfect balance, practical yet beautiful.

N.


No comments:

Post a Comment