Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Lush Lip Scrub - review

Lush - Lip Scrub Mint Julips - £5.25 for 25g
I spoke briefly about this in my post A Few Bits on Sunday and thought that I'd give it a proper review today. As I said on Sunday, I've wanted this for ages but every time I visited Lush there were only the Bubblegum and Popcorn flavours; which I really didn't fancy.



The Mint Julips scent is gorgeous, reminiscent of chocolate chip ice cream at the beach! And it tastes scrummy. You only need a little of this product each time so this 25g pot will go a lot further than you'd imagine.

It's simple to use, just take a little on your fingertips and massage onto lips, concentrating on any dry patches. The instructions on the pot tell you to lick off any excess product but I didn't really fancy doing that so used a cotton pad with water to wipe away the excess. Follow it with a slick of lip balm and you'll have the most kissable, soft lips known to womankind.

This really does do the job! I've used the Benefit Dr. Feelgood lip exfoliator previously and I really think that this product manages to do a better job. AND the Lush scrub is all natural with jojoba oil, vanilla extract, tagetes oil, peppermint oil and limonene - a real pamper for your lips. The scrub is preservative free and is pretty much just sugar, oils and flavouring.

I wouldn't use this too often as, after all, it is an abrasive. I'm hoping to use this weekly, maybe during my usual Sunday pampers or before wearing dark or matte lipsticks to help their staying power.

N.


No comments:

Post a Comment