![]() |
| Left to right: Rimmel Scandaleyes, Model's Own Grow-Fast Mascara, Bourjois Volume Glamour Max, Rimmel Sexy Curves |
If there is a mascara that I've heard good things about or really want to try out, I tend to put off buying it immediately and instead buy it when it is on a special offer! I finished my Soap & Glory Thick & Fast this week and when I delved into my drawer for my next one I found that I had a choice of four. Soooooo, I thought that I'd try them all out and compare them to see which I wanted to use.
Firstly, Rimmel Scandaleyes. This was big news last year and a lot of my friends have used it and really liked it. I did want to buy this when it first came out but again just couldn't justify spending unnecessary money! So I waited a few months and found this on offer in Bodycare for £4.99 - I couldn't refuse that and snapped it up.
I do really like this mascara! The brush is really fat, with the bristles spaced quite far apart - meaning less clumps and a more even application. I really like the packaging on this mascara too! The orange is a bit bright and garish but the handle is really big and easy to hold on to. There is also a slant at the top of the bottle that allows your thumb to sit perfectly when applying.
The formula is great - jet black and coats the lashes perfectly! My only drawback for this product is that it gives too much length for day-to-day wear. This would be perfect for a night out or when I really want some extra oomph to my lashes but for daily wear its just a bit too much. So I think that I'll use this one as intended; for over the top lashes for a special occasion.
Next is Model's Own Grow-Fast Mascara. The description on the bottle explains that this "is designed to strengthen and increase the length of your lashes." Now, I'm always skeptical when makeup brands makes big claims that usually are never lived up to and my hesitance didn't vanish with this product.
The formula of this mascara is very nice - its thick and a dark black - but its the brush that lets this product down completely. The brush is very thin and you need coat after coat to see any substantial difference! However, as the brush is so thin and small, I think that this is a perfect bottom lash mascara. I've already put in my makeup bag for this purpose alone.
Bourjois' Volume Glamour Max is just a wonderful product! The brush is really thick and helps to add volume as well as length (I've rarely found a mascara that ticks both boxes so easily). I really can't find a negative here... the packaging is simple yet chic, the brush is fantastic and the formula works wonders to my lashes without leaving any clumps. This is one of my favourite mascaras ever and its well within my budget at £9.49 from Boots!
The final mascara is Rimmel Sexy Eyes. I think that I got this as a free gift with a magazine subscription but I have used the same mascara before. This works really well, adding noticeable volume. However, this doesn't really give me enough length for daily use. I do really like the product and will probably use it if I just need a little eyelash boost if I'm going food shopping or just popping to a friend's. The last time I used this I was still at school and didn't need much coverage so this was perfect. A definite recommendation to anyone who likes subtle eyelashes or can't wear too much make up to their job.
Overall, it is safe to say that I am in love with the Bourjois Volume Glamour Max and I have already replaced my Thick & Fast with this product. I will be using Scandaleyes for my next night out and Sexy Curves (I really dislike the name of this one) for a minimal look. The Model's Own mascara will be used daily for my bottom lashes!
N.

No comments:
Post a Comment