Thursday, 10 January 2013
Soap and Glory - Sexy Mother Pucker
I love love love Soap & Glory, as I know that many of you do! I think that Marcia Kilgore has created and developed a really great high-street beauty brand that is well priced and always delivers results. I use a lot of Soap & Glory washes, exfoliators, creams and hair products but I've never really given their makeup a go.
I got these Sexy Mother Pucker lip-glosses as a Christmas present (as a cute little set) and thought that I'd see what they were like - hopefully burying my hesitance towards S&G makeup.
These lip-plumping glosses were one of the first products released by S&G and created a huge buzz at the time. They use "SUPERFILL™ Lip Plumping Spheres" within the gloss that swell in size to make lips look fuller and poutier!
On opening the packaging, I loved all of the colours within the set. All of them are colours that I would wear and that would suit my skin tone. This is something that I usually struggle with as I have dark skin. The shades used in many gift sets are usually catered to lighter skin or have a mixture of shades and tones so they'd usually only be one or two that suited me.
The photo doesn't really do the glosses justice regarding shades though, as they all look pretty similar - except for the clear. But the shades included are half naked, bronze, candy gloss, yummy plum (my personal favourite) and clear.
When trying out these products I became quickly impressed. The glosses take about a minute to start working their magic and then the tingling sensation begins. If you've never used plumping gloss before; its quite an odd feeling so don't be alarmed when you first try it.
My lips looked a lot fuller after a couple of minutes and continued to stay looking that way until reapplication about an hour later. Thankfully, I didn't get a 'trout pout' and I think that the results were subtle i.e. these will not turn you into Leslie Ash for the day!
If I do want plumped lips, I normally use Too Faced's Lip Injection - which I have been a devotee to for about 4 years now. However, I think that these glosses may have overtaken my old beauty favourite! They are a lot more subtle and give a more natural pout compared to Lip Injection's quite obvious effect. These glosses also feel a lot better - the Too Faced version was a lot more intense and sometimes felt unpleasant on my lips with the tingling being too much. The Sexy Mother Pucker glosses are much better on my purse too with a full size gloss at £9 RRP.
N.
Labels:
beauty,
boots,
gloss,
lipgloss,
lips,
makeup,
plumping,
sexy mother pucker,
soap and glory
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment