Sunday, 13 January 2013

MUA Haul


I've been really ill all this week so I haven't really left the house and internet shopping has become my boredom saviour! I decided to have a look on the MUA website to check out the Fur-Effect Nails that I'd been hearing a lot about.

Before Christmas I bought the blue and black Nail Constellation from MUA and just couldn't get on with it (far too fiddly, messy and time consuming). So, I was slightly hesitant to try the Fur-Effect Nails in case they were just as impossible but at £2 a go, I couldn't really resist.

After a browse of the website I found so much stuff that I wanted to buy. I bought a few things, as well as getting a free gift! I think the appeal of MUA is that the products are of fairly good quality but are so well-priced, I don't mind giving a lipstick a go if it only costs £1- and if I don't like it, I don't feel guilty passing it on or just chucking it away.



I also bought these nail varnishes. The MUA nail polishes are in little square bottles and are only £1 each. I like that the bottles are a little smaller than most as I never manage to use anywhere near a full bottle of varnish. I really love the colours at MUA and already have a few of their polishes. This time I got (left to right) shades: A12, F11, 62 and 22.

Although I like the shades, the varnish does chip quite easily. Ive tried putting two layers of top coat and that does help with chipping!


I've tried MUA lipstick before and have always really like them. I ordered 3 lipsticks from the website and only when they arrived did I realise that there is a small gloss in the bottom of each lipstick case!!! I already own 4 of their lipsticks and have never figured this out!

When my new lipsticks arrived, the shades were very different to how they looked online. I think that this is such a big problem with buying makeup online! I hate not being able to see the shade itself and I don't think that many of the swatches online are actually accurate.


Two of the lipsticks are okay but this one is a colour that I just really hate and doesn't suit me at all. It is a shame because online I really liked all of them but, again, for £1 I don't really mind just binning it.



For a long time I stopped wearing eyeshadow - I just didn't think that it suited me and always looked OTT on me. But recently I've been branching out and trying out subtle shadows. An eye primer is something that I have never bought and I wanted to try one that wouldn't break the bank. This primer glides on easily and blends well. I could really notice the difference when using primer. The shadow stayed in place pretty much all night and I found that it 'stuck' to the eyelid well, meaning I only had to use a little eyeshadow. Overall, I really liked it and will definitely be using it every time I use eyeshadow from now on!

 

This palette and bronzer were free gifts I received with my order (I also got two lipsticks, shown in the top photo, but didn't like either of them and passed them on to my friend. As well as a powder, that was too light for me, that I also gave away).

I really love this palette! I think that all of the eyeshadows are great, really colourful and shimmery. There are also two blushers (both the wrong colour for me), a bronzer and a highlighter, in the palette. The highlighter is really great. I just sweep a little across my cheekbone and it works wonders. A really good cheap alternative to more expensive highlighters like High Beam or Touche Eclat!

The baked bronzer is nice but it's too glittery for me and not a product that I would use every day. I could use if for nights out or if I'm dressing up to add a little shimmer!

N.


No comments:

Post a Comment