Sunday, 19 January 2014

Lipsticks: Dark Hues



Winter seems to have come a little late this year and although December brought mild days and a little sunshine, January has ushered in crisp and cold weather. And the lipstick wardrobe has followed suit, leaning more towards dark and stormy to befit the most bleak and chilly of days. 

I'm lucky that my colouring allows me to wear almost all shades of lipsticks (although I do tend to steer clear of nudes and corals) and dark reds and browns suit me well. This is the lippy quad that I have been lusting of late - the mean girls of my lipstick drawer. 

Topshop lipstick formulas are unrivaled and this one is no exception. The colour is quite sheer, making this a daytime go-to. The Calvin Klein beauty has been with me for a while now and I'm never bored of it. CK may be better known for his boxers than his makeup but this is a wonderful glossy lipstick with red undertones. 

Ah MAC, can you do any wrong? I've already reviewed this lipstick here, so won't ramble on but it's part of the Viva Glam range and is another dark lippy corker. And last but by no means least is this graceful plum from YSL. Love the shade, the formula and the packaging. The cream of the crop, really. 

Have you got a favourite dark hue? Drop me a comment lovelies.

N.


*PR Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment