L-R: MUA in Shade 13 | Bourjois Sweet Kiss in Rouge Parisienne | Topshop in Hazard | Rimmel Kate Moss Matte 101 | Rimmel Lasting Finish 01 | YSL Rouge Valoupe
It's no secret that I'm a lover of lipstick. I usually keep my make up pretty consistently simple - choosing a feline flick over colourful eyeshadow - but I enjoy changing up my lip colour for a slick of brightness and a fresh look. My lipstick pots are overflowing and as soon as a new one is bought, unfortunately, an old one is forgotten. I thought that I'd dig into the archives and find some of my favourite reds.
Red lips scream glamour, power and fashion and can boost confidence in an instant. Out of the red lipstick pack I think that Topshop Hazard has had the most usage. It's a perfect deep red with a matte finish and the formula is grand.
Similar to the Topshop number is the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte in 111 Offering a familiar finish, it is a tad brighter and lighter and smells oh-so divine. For something more lustrous the YSL, Bourjois and MUA babies come into play. For a £1 lipstick the MUA Shade 13 red is surprisingly wonderful. I've got three of these and I always keep one in my handbag for touch ups on the go (you never know when you might bump into Prince Charming). It's a really light red that is build-able and leaves a glossy sheen. The wear isn't great but I like that it fades to a light red stain.
Oh Bourjois, your beautiful lipstick is a delight. I don't think that this is even available in shops anymore but it's a vivid, bright red that last for hours and makes for a perfect pout. It's love. The YSL Rouge Volupte is one of my more pricey lipsticks and is a sheer red. It's very creamy and soft and application can be difficult at times. But oh my, it packs a punch of Hollywood glamour and lasts well into the night.
Last but not least is another red that's had lots of lip action. Rimmel Lasting Finish in 01 is a deep red that suits my skin tone perfectly but, I imagine, won't work as well on you paler girls. After slicking this onto my lips a mysterious, permanent pout forms and I spend the rest of the day feeling f-i-e-r-c-e haha! It's a real favourite.
I have a red for every occasion and hate to be without some lipstick. I'm actually looking for a really bright, almost orange, red in matte. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment :)
N.

No comments:
Post a Comment