So today sees the start of Sample Saturday. It's time to start using up all the samples that have been accumulating in my drawers. Samples are such a good way of testing something new without having to commit to the product. Every week I'll be trying something new and seeing which products are worth it and which don't deserve a second look.
I have some Macadamia offerings this week to test out. The teeny bottle of oil is something that I have tried before and it's a great little product, to rival even Moroccan oil. Used on the (very dry and bleached) ends of my hair, this smells gorgeous and makes split ends far less noticeable. I'm left with smooth and silky ends. There's not much that I can fault with this product really, it does what it says on the tin.
The Deep Repair Mask is the one that I was most excited to try out. I popped this on whilst in the bath and left it to work its magic for 10 minutes. It does say 7 minutes on the pack but I have very thick hair and I like rounded numbers. Washed out under the shower, my hair felt instantly smoother and softer. I'd say it's not quite up there with the Tresemme Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment which I usually use, simply because it doesn't have the same element of repair - making my hair feel stronger.
But it is such a lovely treatment and I imagine it will work wonders on hair that isn't as dry or unmanageable as mine. My hair still feels soft a day later and the shine has endured. The formula is paraben free too, so no nasties are left clinging to your locks and it includes argan, tea tree and chamomile oils as well as macadamia. It's a nourishing treatment, no doubt, but for the price (£12.50 for 100ml) there are better options out there.
N.


No comments:
Post a Comment