Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Prime Time

L-R: No7 Beautifully Matte - Bourjois Happy Light Matite - L'Oreal Lumi Magique

I mentioned last week that I'd been trying out some new primers and thought that today I'd do a little round up of the priming bases that I use. It's an important step in my makeup regime which has made a real difference to the appearance of my makeup and has helped my blemish prone skin to stay on the right track. 

No7 Beautifully Matte - £10.50 - Shine is the enemy right? (Louise from Made In Chelsea, take note). And if I want a matte look to last into the night this is the primer that I reach for. It's not my favourite of the three but does the job and is particularly good on holiday to battle shiny noses and foreheads. It can make foundation a little cakey on my cheeks so I tend to stick to the T-Zone with this one.

Bourjois Happy Light Matite - £10.99 - I picked this up just before Christmas and oh my, it was love at first use. This is the primer that's had the most positive effect on my skin and gives a reliably flawless matte finish. The pump dispenses the right amount, it blends easily and the scent isn't overpowering. I can't find a single fault and it seems that Bourjois are on a bit of a roll at the moment.

L'Oreal Lumi Magique - £9.99 - Steering away from the mattifying options for a more luminous primer. For a gal with combination skin, this one was a little intimidating at first and I prayed that it wouldn't turn my face into a grease ball. Of course, it didn't and instead produced a 'glow from within' - akin to skin after a facial. An impressive feat L'Oreal, congratulations. 

N.



No comments:

Post a Comment