Saturday, 25 January 2014

Sample Saturday: Dermalogica


From the get-go, I will admit that this isn't a very fair review. I was intrigued by these products and how they work but they're targeted at older skin and, being 21, I don't think that they get an honourable chance being used by me.

Regardless, I'll have my two cents and give the samples a mini-review. First up is the Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque. Packed with vitamins A, C, E and F this mask contains no artificial colouring or fragrance and lets nature do its work. The creamy texture applies nicely to the face and neck area, although the smell is a little strange (I can't quite put my finger on it). I let the mask work its vitamin-y magic for 15 mins. Washed off, I can honestly say that I saw no difference at all. The next day still brought no magical results nor the following day. A disappointing little sample, I'm afraid.

The other teeny bottle contains the Multivitamin Thermafoliant - "a powerful skin polisher with unique thermal technology that activates upon contact to enhance penetration of age-fighting ingredients into skin."

Hmm there's a lot of jargon but will it live up to its claims? I applied the polisher to damp skin and massaged over my face and neck in small circles for a couple of minutes. It has quite a coarse grain - especially for the face but it wasn't anything too scouring. Washing away the polisher, my skin was left feeling silky smooth and really refreshed. It looked brighter and more radiant. I could tell that the difference was my skin and not just a softening layer of product left behind.

So one hit and one utter miss. I wouldn't purchase either of these skincare products but I did like the thermafoliant. The masque was a complete no go pour moi. But, again, these are targeted at aging skin so my experiences must be taken with a pinch of salt.

N.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment